Sunday, March 29, 2009

At work Saturday night, after closing we were finishing up and listening to a Satellite radio station and this really pretty John Lennon song came on, called #9 Dream. I was never a Beatles fan. I never got why women fainted and peed themselves in the presence of the Fab 4. They were pop and fun but not worthy of all that drama! American music was already a presence at that time...Elvis, Motown and psychedelic music with The Byrds and The Doors, just to name a few. I spent probably too much time on Amazon listening to the various individual offerings of John Lennon, Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney, and George Harrison and I found that they were all better individually than together. I guess American girls just like floppy hair and skinny guys! Really, when we already have such a great musical heritage, why do the Beatles get so much glory?

No comments:

Post a Comment